Friday, March 11, 2011

Vegetarian

So it is that time of year again when we give up something for Lent...

This year I have taken on the challenge of going Vegetarian... I have learned alot about this subject so far. I learned that the type of vegetarian that I will be going is Lacto-ovo-vegetarian. Which means I am giving up ALL meat, including fish and poultry, but I will still be eating dairy and eggs. I am looking forward to my adventure into the vegetarian world.

I have already reached day 3 and tend to be going pretty strong so far...

Day 1: Was all about the baked potato and PB&J sammie for dinner... (school night, I have to eat on the run)

Day 2: Was again the PB&J sammie for lunch (I see alot of this PB&J stuff in my immediate future) and had the black bean sliders at Chili's.... I must tell everyone I know about how wonderful the black bean burger is from Chili's. WOW!! Even if I had not given up meat I would order this again in a heart beat... it was absolutely amazing!

Day 3: Off from work we decided to go to the mall, where we had lunch at Subway... what I wanted was a meatball sub, buuuuut what I had was a veggie sub with pepper jack cheese on wheat. For dinner tonight we had cheese quesdillas with beans and Spanish rice with a side of guacamole! Yummy..

Not only am I doing good on my vegetarian journey so far, but JP and I are also running 4 times a week. JP is a wonderful motivator when it comes to the running. I am actually enjoying our runs and think that I will be able to maintain this new lifestyle I have developed for myself.

I am going to attempt to keep the journal going while on my journey to the vegetarian Easter... but we see how well that worked out last time I said I would blog on a regular basis!! lol.

Bye for Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment