Sunday, September 5, 2010

Home Made Chicken Flautas

Hello everyone!!

So I
know I have not blogged in a while, but I am going to attempt to put up one of my favorite recipes or something like that each month. This month we start with Chicken Flautas. Yummy!! This recipe was told to me by a co-worker whose mother made me some amazing Flautas to take home with me... So thank you Sara!

Ingredients:
2-3 Small Chicken Breasts
Garlic Powder

Chili Powder
Ground Cumin
Black Pepper
Onion
Powder (not pictured)
Package of corn tortillas
toothpicks (not necessary but does make it easier)
Canola Oil


Directions:

1. Place Frozen or thawed chick breasts into pot of water. Add seasonings above to taste. (I prefer more garlic, so for me i put about a teaspoon of them all and then 2 teaspoons of garlic). Let the water come to a boil on medium to high heat. Once at a boil lower heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. take out one piece of chicken and make sure there is not pink left, if there is cook longer.



2. Place the chicken breasts in a large bowl. Be
fore the chicken cools get 2 forks and begin to shred the chicken. I use one fork to hold it in placed and then slide the fork over the top of of the chicken. Continue doing so until the chicken is to the desired gradient. at this point I add a little bit more spices if it appears enough spices were not absorbed.


3. Heat the tortillas separately in the microwave for about 15 seconds each. After it has been heated place the desired amount of shredded chicken onto the tortilla and tightly roll. Stick finger in both sides to stuff the chicken and add more as needed. secure the roll with a toothpick and set aside for frying (if waiting will later, place in fridge until ready to make).


4. When ready to eat fill a skillet with oil covering the bottom of the pan, set on medium to low heat. Once heated, place flautas carefully in the oil. Once one side is golden brown flip and do other side. removing the toothpick as needed. once the tortilla is golden brown place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.


5. Cool and serve. I personally like to pair it up with some freshly made Guacamole, sour cream, with a side of beans and rice. Sit and Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment